My parent's backyard is like the garden of Eden.
For me it functions like an outdoor womb--a true refuge.
If you think I am overstating things here--ask any of my siblings--
We are all drawn to this place like a man in a desert is drawn to water.
Often I'll lay on the grass in the early evening and simply breathe....
Another reason I love Eden--my kids get to play fairies and make bad guy soup out of leaves, rocks and mud all day. They run around with Posie the dog and cousins they rarely see. Of course, like Eden of old, there are no things like Red Ants and Alligators to detour them. There is no humidity to bring them inside at 10am. They stay outside from 7am to 7pm content to swim, ride bikes, and play pretend games. These shots were taken at dusk amidst some elaborate pretend scenario.....
Another reason I love Eden is that we eat almost every meal outside. Sometimes I'll take a bowl of cereal outside in the morning with a book and bask in the morning light. Other times we'll take snacks and games out for a leisurely afternoon around the pool.
These tables are filled with life all summer long...
Tree of Life--a Crockett Classic.
Why would I ever leave Eden?? I must say, there is only one reason--it starts with an A and ends with a Brock. Now that I think about it--Eve only had one reason as well! DARNED MEN!!
Thank you God (and Mom & Dad) for Eden. Now back to the lone and dreary world....;)
Fabulous post! Love the Eden/Adam/Men line!! Makes me miss it so much. And inspires me to make a few more changes to our yard.
ReplyDeleteI too enjoyed the stupid men line. So true. I love that yard so much. It is so beautiful and peaceful. I have a memory for every inch of that backyard. We were spoiled on that one for sure. Nothing we have will ever live up to it. But i am still grateful that we have had it as long as we have. Great pics. I love that the kids now get to enjoy it like we did. There is nothing better than being a kid in the back yard at vicki and Jays on La Colina Dr.
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures....the tree of life is amazing! I love it! Ahhh the west...lawns free of fire ants and other nasty bugs...
ReplyDelete