Sunday, November 22, 2009

GC with a View #1




One of the perks of the Lakehouse is spending general conference weekends there. It's always a pleasure to look out while watching General Conference and see the lake. This year we invited three families down with us for conference. Christina Selph's family was one. Besides being an amazing friend, she is also a superb photographer--check her site here . Looking at her pics of the lakehouse makes me realize just how far I have to go in my own pictures! Thank you Christina for being our photographer! She took a whopping 873 pictures that weekend. These are the favs from the boating excursions...

I like this picture of Holly watching the tubes...it is so true to boating days....Christiana's pose on the tube is pretty classic as well.



I love this picture of Abigail and Sarah Nelson, a good friend. Abby has always been one to laugh in the face of danger!

Mr. Brock trying his usual kneeboard acrobatics. This time he was in the mood for front flips!

One of my very favorite pictures of Aaron. Just looking at it makes me happy!




Victoria with Matthew and Abigail Hall. She LOVES going out with older kids!

Anyone care to give a caption to this last one? Victoria in a tubular zen moment?

2 comments:

  1. i think she is praying. Dear Heavenly Father please dont let me die right now. Thank you Victoria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caro, you are amazing! and too kind... I have a long way to go with my photography. That's the great thing about it there is always something new to learn new angles, new concepts, new perspectives to try. There are always ways to push yourself to do better and stretch. That would have to be what I love about it. If you keep working at it you get better and better and there isn't a limit to the skill. Another thing I love is capturing a moment or an emotion or the essence of that persons personality and having it framed well. I get a high off that. Silly but its true!
    We LOVE going to the lake house it is always amazing! A little piece of heaven. The Brock's are so generous to allow us to share in that. Thank you Thank you!!
    TO be fair I didn't take all those pics (well most of them) Marie was one the one that captured your favs of Aaron. (they are great shots of him and the one of him laughing is great, it captures his personality!) If you remember Abby and I were marooned on shore because we missed that run on the boat while the men went out to strut their stuff on the lake.
    Good times!

    ReplyDelete