Wednesday, November 4, 2009

All Hallows


This Halloween, we gave each girl a set amount of money for their costumes and let them decide how to spend it (or not spend it!). Everyone pocketed the money (for the most part).
Hopefully this will teach them a little about budgeting!
Victoria wore an old dance costume, a glove from a pirate oufit and a mask of mine. She looked great!



Holly started off dressing as a MAD SCIENTIST. Instead of spending money, she had my mom send her a lab coat procured from my Uncle David. (lesson learned: when you are on a budget, get someone else to spend money on you. She picked that one up instinctively.) Holly spent $3 on green hairspray and wore clear lab glasses brought home from Aaron's last visit to a cabinet factory. It was a cool outfit (it just so happened I didn't get pics!) Holly then changed her mind after the first halloween party and was a vampire for the actual Halloween. Girls change their minds frequently....we just roll with the punches.

I must say Abby's outfit was my pride and joy this year. She was the perfect QUEEN BEE and reveled in every moment. The yellow getup was an old dance costume of Victoria's with a black shirt underneath. The yellow cape came from an old remnant of fabric we had in the dress up pile. The sun wand was a fly swatter. The crown was an old "belle" crown-- I took wire and added upon it by threading glass BEE beads I had onhand along the top. The only thing she had to purchase was the $4 striped tights! LOVE THAT!

She has the most pictures here because she was the most willing to have them taken! She began rolling around on the floor like a model--pretty funny.




Meredith was Cinderella--I tried to get her to wear an adorable gypsy outfit (both from our dress-up pile), but girls have OPINIONS about everything--even at 3.
It gets quite annoying at times....

For Trick or Treating we had Aaron's Brother Nephi and his family down from Fayetteville along with 3 families Nephi and Aaron grew up with. There were 12 adults and 26 kids total! Aaron picked up some hay and the kids had a grand time! (BTW can you imagine 26 kids showing up at your house all at once?). There was a man who took one look at the group and threw them 2 bags of candy and shut the door!


TRICK OR TREAT!!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! That is sooo funny about the man and the 2 bags of candy! classic! I loved Abby's outfit she wore it to the ward party and I voted for her to win one of the costume prizes. The tights totally made that outfit!
    Love Victoria's outfit as well. very stylish! Everyone looks great! Too bad no pics were taken of Holly's mad scientist outfit. That would have been fun to see. To top it off great lesson in money management! Holly is going to be a money genius, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the budget idea. It is more fun to be creative anyway and make something magical out of things you already have. The girls look great and I too loved the man throwing the bags of candy. Classic.

    ReplyDelete