The walk to the beach from our beachhouse in Monterey Bay/Pebble Beach is a memory in and of itself. It's rare blessing to have the continuity of growing up with the same vacation house. Each time I walk down Pico Dr. to the Asilomar Beach, I remember the same walk at different stages of life: as a child dragging my beat-up orange boogie board to surf in sub zero temperatures, as a teenager with my girlfriends looking for surfers to "scam" on (thank heavens that never happened!), as a young adult hand-in-hand with various college boyfriends, as a starry-eyed newlywed, and now as a full-fledged mother.
To tell you the truth, on this day, I skipped the walk. My body was still recovering from a traumatic week. Marianne, Dad and Ben took the girls down. Thanks Mari for the great pictures and thanks Mom and Dad for the beachouse!!!! It's so wonderful to see my own children explore the same beach I did as a child.....
My adorable nephew William--he has a set of eyes I call "ocean eyes". They are stunning.
Catching hermit crabs to take home to their ultimate death...
A classic kid activity at the beach house.
Best Dad in the World....still wondering how I won the lottery in heaven..
Abigail is my collector. She collects shells, coins, plastic jewels, thumb tacs, and gift cards from the endcaps at Target and HomeGoods. I think Marianne had to fight an environmentalist to get Abby's hoard off the beach....(not kidding)
Ben and Dad--contemplating the universe. I love it.
A Little Slice of Heaven....
Life doesn't get sweeter. There is something magical about that place. It is as if your spirit is at total peace. We are so blessed to have such a close family and a place like Pacific Grove to create memories. I too want to thank Mom and Dad for giving us this lifelong gift. I have had some of my greatest moments there.
ReplyDeleteI do so envy you that...a "same place" to go and be with loved ones and make memories. The closest I have ever come to that is Kentucky...the bluegrass roots of my family history :) I always feel such a sense of peace and belonging when I am there. Love the photos! Your family looks so content i your little slice of heaven.
ReplyDeletewas I sleeping through this? oh man! I bet it was a good nap though. We do have a good life, don't we? love you.
ReplyDelete10 posts in one month...now that's therapy! Wonderful pictures Caroline. Your girls are so adorable! So sorry to hear of your miscarriage. I hope you're feeling renewed and strenthened soon! Love, Jen
ReplyDelete