Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Be Prepared

The night before school started I read a post by Stephanie Nielson about a wonderful "Back to School Feast". I read it and thought--why not? The next day as the girls were at school, I prepared for an afternoon/evening of celebration. Our feast included hand-made crowns, good food, a family home evening and father's blessings. We chose "Be Prepared" as our theme for the year. I'm hoping to build on it as we perfect our nightly routines, chores, and study habits.


Victoria designed her crown upside down. Classic artist.


Holly was up to her usual antics-I couldn't get a good picture from her to save my life. The new expanders in her mouth probably contributed to my woes!


Whirling and Twirling--Abigail in action

Abby was still a little wired from school and wanted to be in EVERY picture I took. This one reminds me of the boy from a big movie coming out tomorrow....can you guess it?


Our feast included the following:
Blogspeak= Ricotta stuffed Manicotti smothered in a creamy organic tomato basil sauce topped with mozzarella cheese and a dollop of pesto. Romaine lettuce, garlic croutons and Caesar dressing sprinkled with parmesan cheese. Fresh French bread. Double Chocolate Brownies.

Mommy speak= Frozen Manicotti from Sams with a jar of sauce thrown on top along with cheese and pesto. Cook in oven 1 hr. Bagged Caesar Salad, Frozen French bread from Costco and Betty Crocker's Brownies. Easiest dinner ever.


Who wouldn't want a father's blessing from this hunk?

2 comments:

  1. sooooo cute!!!! I wish i could have been there at that feast. Looks like so much fun. You are such a great Mom! Why don't we live close to one another again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your recipe section I totally laughed!

    ReplyDelete