Monday, January 4, 2010

Haunted Gingerbread?

Here are a few pictures from one of several dinners we had in December. This first one was our 2nd annual "gingerbread house" party. After spending wayyy too much money last year trying to make gingerbread houses out of graham crackers, I went to Walmart a few days after Halloween and bought 5 HAUNTED GINGERBREAD HOUSE kits for $2.50 each--a real bargin as they contained everything for the houses, including the gingerbread, frosting and candy.


Kaylee (the cutie on the right) was rather upset we didn't have house making teams like last year. She came to the party hoping to be put on Aaron's team, since last year his house included a WORKING GARAGE.

Marie came with sugar cookies and "paintable frosting" which was a hit for the little kids--much less messy and way more fun. The only downside to the frosting was that while cleaning the brushes, Marie left a cup of hydrogen peroxide out....I'm sure you can guess the end of the story. Kaylee came in from walking the dog, thought it was water and drank 1/2 the glass before realizing her awful mistake.....

Other than that, it was a fun filled night!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, love the discounted haunted gingerbread house idea. TOTALLY going to do that next time. Kara and I made gingerbread from scratch for EVERYONE (i.e. Steph's fam, my fam, Cheryl's fam). SO much work. You probably still had to get Christmas type candy though right? Candy is pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gingerbread houses!! Wish we could have participated in some of the holiday fesitivites with you guys! miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy--candy can get pricey--I just go to the dollar store and don't spend over 5 dollars total--they always have the best prices on candy. In fact, I should just save some of the leftover candy looking at me from my pantry and use it next year! It's more for decoration anyway!

    ReplyDelete