Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Elusive SIX letter word...

Today Holly and her friend Lexi were "playing school". They were on their school's website and wanted to get on a special program that only their teacher had access to. I thought--" Oh well, they are in a fruitless endeavor....no need to worry"
This all changed later in the day when a jubilee of screaming and dancing erupted upstairs. After countless tries, they had finally CRACKED their teacher's password.



Hmmmmm.....

Granted, this was a simple bookflix program--nothing they shouldn't have access to anyway. What worried me was the message being sent ( i.e. it's OK to hack into your teacher's accounts)

I walked to the bottom of the stairs to speak with Holly who was at the top of the stairs at the computer desk in "hackers nirvana". The conversation, verbatim, was as follows:

Me: Wait a minute Holly, was that HONEST?

Holly: (Excitedly looking down from above) NO mom! It's NOT HONEST! The Password is a FIVE LETTER WORD and I'm not telling you what it is!

Hmmmm.

If you didn't get that on the first read through, don't worry. I didn't quite understand it for a few seconds......

Then it hit me.

I'm back to square one with this child.

4 comments:

  1. That is HILARIOUS! Tell Holly thanks for making my day, because she just made me laugh so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious! First of all, it's hilarious that Holly and her friend were actually able to hack their teacher's password. And then of course the last bit of the story was the best part! Thanks for the laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it nice to have a child that keeps you on your toes. Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great catching up on your blog Caroline. Love the spray paint post. Your trees look beautiful! Kinda scary how clever your kids are! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete