Monday, December 7, 2009

You've Been Selected..



Holly and I planned her birthday party while driving home late Sunday night from our Thanksgiving trip to Fayetteville. Holly informed me that she wanted a "sleepover" (sigh), to go swimming, and to watch her favorite movie--"Catch that Kid"--a Disney movie where the kids go on a secret mission (Bella from Twilight is the main character).
Any Crockett raised by Vicki knows that a party is not a party without a THEME.
Enter in "Holly's SECRET AGENT party!" We made up these invites late Sunday night and put them in big manilla envelopes...

We set up a table with SECRET AGENT FOLDERS and SECRET AGENT HATS. As the AGENTs arrived, Holly checked each Agent in.

Each time the agents completed a "training segment" they got a GEM in their Secret agent hat (yes, I did buy a bedazzler while at WALMART at 11pm one night last year. It was a pivotal mothering moment. I saw one and thought--why not? After all, I do have 4 GIRLS! I also bought a bubble machine that night. That was the last nail in the "mother of four girls coffin". I was fully committed as of that moment.

What do you do when you want to throw a good party? Enlist help from PARTY PEOPLE. ENTER...MASTER AGENT AARON BROCK. You can't know Aaron without knowing he's a pretty fun guy...he sat the "new agents" down to prep them on the upcoming training.




Pre-swimming games..

I told you he was fun right? The girls were in for a wild ride!

This was the scene before the highly anticipated "toothpick championship". They were all playing for a big pack of "Fruit Stripe" gum. Holly's favorite part of her party was that SHE ended up winning the Gum!

We swam at the indoor pool of the Anderson Ocean Club. We ended up being the only people there, which made it so much more fun! Perhaps we scared off everyone else. You could hear the screaming from about 500 ft....

Master Agent BROCK sat in the living room Signing "Training Sheets" after a round of EVADE AND CAPTURE in the dark.

Victoria was the MASTER BEDAZZLER. She was a little tired of all the gem placement requests towards the end of the night.....

Here we have the agents showing off their hats AND the little flashlights we gave out for the EVADE and CAPTURE training.

After earning all of their gems, they received the coveted SECRET AGENT NECKLACE. Cost of party favors $2.60 per guest (hat, necklace, flashlight). Can't beat that!

Holly was "TOP AGENT" for the night and reveled in her role.

I knew I had succeeded in throwing a cool party when two of the girls approached and we had the following conversation:
Girl #1: Mrs. Brock, I just wanted to say that next year, my party is going to be at Magic Quest
Me: Really? Cool!
Girl #2: Mrs. Brock, next year, I think I want a party JUST LIKE THIS ONE.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

3 comments:

  1. once again the amazing Caroline does it again! I want you and holly to plan my party, ;)
    bedazzler and bubble machine are my special request!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have been there. I love a good party. Where did holly get that cute swim shirt? She looks so cute in it! The only thing missing in these pictures is Bethany. I love that girl. Great party co. Loved all the creative things you did. We were trained right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! You are so creative! I'm totally coming to you for ideas when I'm in the "throwing children's birthday parties" boat!

    ReplyDelete