As my last holiday post, I wanted to give a public THANK YOU to my sister Marianne, who came for 14 WHOLE DAYS and made the holidays that much more special. All is right in the world when she is here. She is becoming something of a SUPER AUNT.
I've documented a partial list of her amazingness below:
1. She dressed the older three up (with make-up and hair too!) and took them to "Princess and the Frog"
2. After a Long day of helping at the Baptism, she took Abby and made "TinkerToy castles"
4. Marianne brought all her books and art supplies and set up a "drawing workshop" for the older 2 girls. They drew for several nights and both girls have really improved!!
Things I don't have pictures of:
5. Mari spent 4 NIGHTS wrapping Christmas presents with me.....we wrap every little thing that is under the tree, and it's a job we take very seriously (because we love it!). Even still, it was a TON of work, and I would have hated to do it alone!
6. Mari spent a lot of time with Victoria this trip--they really bonded. She helped Victoria at night, who gets anxious in the night hours. They slept in the same bed, and Victoria loved all the extra attention! Mari and I also took Victoria out one night for dinner, shopping and Avatar--Victoria felt like a princess or should I say, she felt like an Avatar.
7. Besides helping with bedtime and baths, as well as many hair drying/straightening sessions, she did manicures for the girls and even sat still while Abby gave her multiple massages....
I love You Buzzy!!! Can't wait to see you in May!
What an awesome sister!
ReplyDeleteI was the "Marianne" in my family until I was nearly 37 years old. I am not sure I did it as well as she does but I loved every minute of it. Everytime I read of your posts with your sister it brings back the most wonderful memories with my own sister. Thank you so much Caro for sharing! And Thanks Mairanne for being so wonderful!!!!
ReplyDelete