This week we sat down with the girls and talked about Haiti--what happened, what was being done, etc. After putting Haiti on our family's "prayer roll", Victoria promptly went upstairs, took $2 in coins out of her piggy bank and came down with this envelope. No note, just "To Haiti, From Victoria". As if that's all the information the world would ever need.
Holly reacted a little differently. No Money given, but a few words in her nightly prayer. Today she got on the internet and found a map. She has taken it upon herself to study up on Haiti. Afterwards she came to me excitedly and said:
Holly: Mom! I know where Haiti lives!
Me: Really? Where does it live?
Holly: It's down by Mexico, but it's SOOO small. It's like the size of my two hands put together!
What a classic example of two different personalities trying to make sense of the world. I just love having a front row seat in their lives.....
too funny. I LOVE those girls. I know where Haiti lives. Im still laughing.
ReplyDelete