Saturday, June 27, 2009

M Day 2009

Yes, this post is few weeks overdue, but I wanted to share some pictures, and some gratitude for our blessings and our new house! This memorial day weekend we spent as a family, doing TOTALLY NORMAL things people with backyards do! Since we haven't had a backyard for 3 years, the very idea of this was decadent. Aaron and I looked at each other while BBQing and were both in happy disbelief that we were back to normal as a family and had finally settled in. Here are some shots of the weekend:

Friday night: I promised Holly she could have a sleepover with 2 friends once we moved in our new house. They were darling and even did a roadside lemonade stand the next morning that turned out to be a great way to meet our new neighbors!






Monday afternoon: The kids surprisingly had a make-up day of school due to the wildfires, which ended up being great because the school did a big thing for the firemen, policemen in the area. After school we headed out to a cemetery with Christina's family to put flowers and flags on veteran's graves. The kids loved it, and of course, it was a good way to teach them about what memorial day really means.



Afterwards, we GRILLED OUT (as Aaron would say) on Aaron's NEW GRILL. Like I said, just rolling around in the grass and running around the yard was heaven to us. Aaron played soccer with the girls and I sat back and enjoyed the view...We are so happy to be in our new house!

Holly sat in the grass with me and took the following pictures. She's quite the little photographer at age 7!!




1 comment:

  1. So cute. I can't believe how quickly they are all growing up! I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete