Joel rented a "Log Cabin" for us in Nauvoo. From the website (and even this picture) this log cabin looks like its out there by itself. In reality, this place was right along the highway, with 6-7 other VERY SMALL one room log cabins right by it. Needless to say, when we pulled up during the rainstorm and saw this cluster of cabins off to the side of the road, there was a moment of panic/hilarious laughing at what we had gotten ourselves into!
Luckily, the cabin was PERFECT. It was plenty big and we all had a bed! Good times.
After the rain storm, my dad and I went outside and enjoyed the porch swing as we listened to the most beautiful frog symphony I've ever heard. (seriously!)

Looks like fun.I was thinking about going to Nauvoo next May after Angie graduates, but your pictures are making me want to go this summer.
ReplyDeleteI love all your posts about this trip. What fun to have almost all of you together with no distractions. Congrats to your awesome brother on his graduaton!
ReplyDelete