Sunday, March 1, 2009

Roll out the Red Carpet…

IMG_5884

Last night was Ocean Bay Elementary’s Annual Father Daughter Dinner Dance. The girls have been counting down all week. Holly, after seeing a friend’s new dress, begged and pleaded for days to have a special dress for the occasion. I finally gave in Saturday afternoon (don’t worry, I had good slave labor for several days..). Holly and I headed to Belks where they were having an amazing sale. We ended up getting her dress for $6.00 (was $45) and a black velvet stole for $4.99 (was $42). I suppose there are benefits to a recession.. and yes, I said stole (who even know if that’s the right spelling). These little black shawls made the night feel so much more magical--they were worth every penny! I got one for Victoria as well who was thrilled to wear her white baptism dress (not the one she wore in the water). She’s almost 10, so I have no idea how she fit into it—she insists that she’s shrinking…

Anyway, just before they left we ran out back between storm clouds and took these shots. It was very windy and wet, but they turned out great just the same!

Starred Photos

IMG_5937-1

IMG_5881

Starred Photos2

IMG_5866

These sort of look like engagement pictures now that I think about it! How I would have loved to have had these pictures taken with my dad when I was that age…

Starred Photos1

My favorite picture of the group…

IMG_5950

Afterwards I got the report from Aaron—he says they danced the night away, and the shag dancing lessons we’ve been taking are really paying off (seriously!). He also said both girls insisted upon dancing with him on all the slow songs--he had one on each side of him. Aaron said a lady with a long lens was taking a lot of pictures of the threesome---I’m in the process of tracking her down! Just think, next year he’ll have Abby to take as well! I bet he’ll be the only dad with three girls in elementary school…Lucky guy!

6 comments:

  1. OK I absolutely love the stoles they add this whimsical flair. I wish I had had one of those as a girl...I bet the girls felt like princesses...which they are. The shot of Holly looking up at Aaron and the one of Victoria curled up in his arms are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute. your girls are getting so big! I can't wait for the daddy daughter dances in my future. the little black stoles are truly adorable!
    ps your pics look great! wish you were coming with me to the photo class tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look so beautiful. i miss them so much. i love the pics. Aaron looks so cute with them. love the dresses, love the black things, love it all..miss you

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are right that last shot of holly was awesome! I loved all the other pictures. I did not have time to read wha tyou wrote I am in a hurry this morning but wanted to let you know that I loved the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caroline! I didn't know you guys had a blog. I L.O.V.E it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your girls have no idea how lucky they are! Ryland's grampa drove all the way from N.VA to escort her to the dance. My mom had sent her a special redcarpet appropriate dress in advance. Unfortunately, Ry woke up Sat. morning with the flu. There is nothing worse than watching your sick child lay in your fathers arms and beg him to let her go even though she didn't feel so good.

    I am so glad that your girls have fun and remind them daily of the blessing their father is to them.

    Peace and Love,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete