Wednesday, March 18, 2009

News and Notes

Just thought I’d share 4 little Gems……

1. Late one night last summer while staying in California, I walked into the art studio where Victoria was sleeping. She had just lost a tooth and I found her up late painting a card for the tooth fairy.

IMG_6024

**These pictures were taken last summer just before the tooth fairy came to pick up her card and lovely polly pocket dress. I do NOT have them in my possession any more as they have been whisked away to fairyland.

IMG_6028

IMG_6029

English Translation:

Dear Tooth Fairy,

In return I want to give you my tooth and my Polly Pocket dress. If you are smaller you can play hide and seek and hide in it. If you are bigger you can play Polly Pockets. If you are like a tad bit bigger give it to a friend or a birthday present or wear it as an overall.

If you want to give me something in return you could give me more money or write me a letter back or you can show yourself to me and we can be best BEST friends. Or you can take a picture of yourself and put it under my pillow.

love, love, love, love, love

Victoria L. Brock

Sadly, the tooth fairy did not show herself, or even leave a picture. She explained in a note that it was against fairy rules but that she loved the dress and would wear it.

2. Victoria’s first love note:(3nd Grade)

IMG_6030

Translation:

Victoria, I rilly, mist you a lot. You are rilly! rilly! rilly! smart prity and a lot more and that you are right for me so will you take me out yes or no writ here (a box is provided).

This note was sent by a sweet boy named Spencer. After this note Victoria and I had a talk about not being boyfriend and girlfriend because the prophet told us to wait. Victoria calmly accepted this information until I got to the part where I told her she had to wait until she was at least 16 to group date and 18 to single date! I can still remember hearing her shocked “WHAT??” in response!

I also had to call and “talk” to the parents about our dating rules as they were already encouraging their son to have a girlfriend. (not kidding)

3. Victoria’s second love note:(4th Grade)

IMG_6063

A Boy gave this to Victoria on the bus but swore someone else gave it to him to give to her. She came home and gave it to me and said:

“Mom, the funny thing is, after I got this note, I looked at my reflection in the bus window and my eyes really ARE crystal clear pools!”

HEAVEN

HELP

US

===================

4. Now, to Holly’s first love note—one that she wrote. I happen to have it because her teacher sent it home in a little ziplock bag. Curiously, the bag had money in it. I talked to the teacher and found out that the money I had sent to school for the book fair was used in a power play to try and ensnare the most sought after boy in class to become Holly’s boyfriend. Mind you, Holly is FIVE at this point, and only in Kindergarten.

IMG_6032

Of course we had the talk about not having to PAY people to be your friend (or boyfriend, but we shouldn’t have those at all at age 5!).

Problem solved…or so we thought.

This year we seem to be having the opposite problem. One day in December Holly came home with $20 bill from a girl in class who has been dying to be Holly’s friend. To make matters worse, this girl is the only Hispanic (and likely illegal) student in the class, and her parents have NO money—her mother speaks no English which means we couldn’t talk about the situation. I still don’t know where this girl got the money in the first place and it’s sad she got the impression she needed to PAY Holly to like her.

SO—Holly and I had another talk about how no matter what, friends shouldn’t have to give money or take money from each other. I think she finally learned her lesson. Friends and money don’t mix. Instead, I’m now finding random necklaces and makeup in her backpack from various “friends”….

I’m beginning to think Holly was a mob boss in another life.

3 comments:

  1. These are all so awesome. Your girls are so funny. I was laughing so hard at all of them. I loved when Tori said a tad bit bigger. (Ok dad.) So cute that she gave her a dress and wanted her to show herself to her. The whole thing was too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I read through each entry I thought ," This is just the cutest idea.!!" And I was smiling along and then I hit the note where Victoria said that her eyes were sparkling pools and I just lost it. I am still giggling as I think about the beauty of it. I am wondering if I ever ever had such a sparkling beautiful thought about myself.

    There are only more interesting days ahead!!
    Can't wait. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I really had a good laugh. Wow Victoria is such an amazing girl. Holly wow I think you may be right she might have been the grandmaster mob boss. Although she would make an excellent business women. She knows the law of supply and demand. The demand is high for her friendship and the supply (holly there is only one of her) is low. Friendship goes to the highest bidder. LOL

    ReplyDelete