Sunday, April 11, 2010

Second Installment

Just wanted to finish up the shots from the lakehouse last weekend......
Abigail finally mastered riding a bike without training wheels (Note: this delay was a function of parental laziness not a lack of ability!) Please forgive the weird outfit--while packing, Abby raided some old summer clothes box and....voila! Holly's bizarre fashion choices have come back to haunt me a second time!
Kent had major Jaw surgery and came to the lakehouse for the week to recover....what a trooper!
The big drama for the trip was catching BABY TURTLES. The girls saw a few while riding bikes on the first day and since then, the collection grew and grew. At one point they had 11 turtles swimming around in an old tupperware bin. Apparently is was turtle hatching season and they loved every minute of it! In this picture they are getting ready for turtle races.
Victoria and Christianae were convinced that the person who first TOUCHED the turtle was their "mother". They truly believed that the turtle had some sort of magical bond with their "mother" that took precedence over any other. Pretty classic.
 Aaron caught 3 turtles off the dock with a net for Abigail. She then put them on a boggie board and dragged them around at breakneck speed.  I'm sure they were emotionally scarred by the time she let them go....! 
 Just before leaving we had a special "catch and release" ceremony on the beach. Some "turtle mommies" were not thrilled to be giving up their "turtle babies"...
 On another note--just wanted to include these 3 shots at the end of the post. I brought my camera out and Abby went into "model" mode out of nowhere. These shots were totally unsolicited! 
 WHAT???
Should I be worried??

3 comments:

  1. first of all the answer to your question is yes!!!! You should be worried. That girl is way too cute. Secondly, after seeing your pictures I now find myself wanting baby turtles. They are so little and adorable. That is such a fun memory for those girls. I wish i was there to mother baby turtles. I loved the picture of Holly sending her babies back into the wild. Such heartache shown in her sweet face. I remember when i was young and loved things with such passion and had a hard time saying goodbye. I cried when we got donated the blue van! i can only imagine how hard it would be for me to have to let those cute little turtles go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love those girls. Wish i could be there to catch turtles with them. I cant see them this summer. I'm already planning every minute. We are going to have too much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh this post was hilarious! I loved it! Ahh childhood...how we lived to torment our parents (unknowingly) and the sweet revenge our parents get while watching us go through the same types of childhood experiences with our kids. All I have to say is Classic... Yes, be worried where did she learn to pose like that? Ha ha ha ha second pose picture .... be afraid be very afraid.... she is way to cute to go unnoticed.

    ReplyDelete