Saturday, February 13, 2010

Not Since 1999

Last night it SNOWED in Myrtle Beach. Can you believe it?!! It's been at least 10 years since this last happened! We woke up this morning to a WINTER WONDERLAND.
Perhaps we will never get a picture of our house like this again...

I asked Abigail to get dressed to go play in the snow, and she came outside with this ensemble on .....apparently she doesn't do this very often..
After digging out the snow stuff from the garage, her second attempt was a little better.
Abby loved the snow and stayed out most of the day. Around 5pm she ran inside, stripped down and got straight in the bath. She was asleep by 6:30 :)
Of course there were lots of snowball fights....

And snow angels...
And, Snowmen--here we see Aaron rolling the enormous ball that would become the base.

Moments Caught on Camera:
1. Holly careening off the snow mound into a snow filled face plant

2. Aaron catching a bird that got trapped in our house after the kids left a side door open.
3. Watching Holly put a snowball down Victoria's Pants. (see her in the background bending over--get ready for it)
When you don't EVER get snow, an unexpected day of fun like this is just SUBLIME......The rest of the day was spent drinking Hot Chocolate, Watching some Winter Olympics and relaxing together. These are my favorite kind of days....

4 comments:

  1. Hey cool !friend happy valentine day & chinese new year, u hv a nice blog here, nice to meet u, wish all the best to u 6-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoyed our day too. Our snowman is still standing although he is leaning over a bit like he has a bad stomach ach. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved everything from Hollys 80 hairdo and pink pants up to her chest, victoira nailing holly in the face with the snowball and then hollys counter attack with the snowball down the pants. Great move I must say. I loved how you caught the emotion in each picture. You catured each girl so beautifully. I am also still laughing about abbys first outfit. Seriously funny. Wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family actually OWNS snow gear?! I'm proud of you! :) Welcome to my world! Except your snow was still in tolerable weather, instead of below zero and frigid wind! I loved the pics of the girls in the snow, and the snow on the palm trees! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete