I hesitate to post these pictures, because you know remodels go....it's a lengthy process. Aaron and I did some structural remodeling to the house that is almost complete, although furniture and decorating have only begun, so as you look at the pictures, take that into account!
This first group of pictures covers the remodel of the living room/dining room area, the master bath and master bedroom. More pictures to come in the future...
Living Room Before: (Notice the ENORMOUS staircase that is two-sided and cuts the living room off from the rest of the house.
Living Room After: We Painted a different color grey, took out the left side of the staircase and made a wall in an opening on the far end which looked directly into the eating area of the kitchen.
This picture shows where the staircase has been taken out (the floor is not done yet because it's on backorder until June 1). This part is still under construction, but it was amazing to see how, by taking out that part of the stairs and walling up the opening, the living room/dining room feels like a large multifunctional room, rather than two, smaller unrelated areas that are more pass through rooms than anything else.
This shows the dining room--we painted it a vibrant teal color (the only really strong color in the house minus the art room, and a wall in Holly's bedroom). I actually got the color off my old Junior Prom dress! I still need to buy a dining room table and chairs--I'm wanting a large round one!
======
Master Bedroom: Before
Notice the dark pumpkin color. The room was actually over 30 feet long, so we put up a wall dividing the room and giving me an office/nursery in the nook with the gorgeous windows (covered up in this picture by curtains).
Master Bedroom After: I love the new cream color (it looks more beige in this picture, but it's really cream)--it just sparkles with light. The change from the dark color is really dramatic. We also love the two rooms. The second room (not shown in this post because the cabinets and such are on order) is painted a dark chocolate brown, which is great because that room gets enormous amounts of light. And of course, it's my favorite room in the house because IT'S MINE.

Caroline,
ReplyDeleteGreat Job! I can only imagine the hard work it took to just comlete these few changes. It must be wonderful to have a place all of your own and especially that it includes a little nook just for you! Nursery? anything i should know :)?
It is crazy to see the before pics. I cant wait to see the rest of it. You have vision and it shows in the changes you have made to the house.Looks awesome!
ReplyDelete