While in Utah, we decided to spend Saturday enjoying the slightly higher than freezing weather by taking a trip to American Fork Canyon with my brother Tyler's family and my sister!
Tyler's son Carden looks so much like Tyler as a child it's uncanny....when I look at this picture I am reminded of what a great mom Kristen is. She saw Carden eating lunch alone and decided to have a "mother/son date".
Seth and Abigail--these two were the most active (and terrifying). It would have been nighttime before they got bored of the abundance of death traps placed before them.
Aaron is super serious about "perfectly roasted" marshmallows--too bad he doesn't realize that charred marshmallows are the only way to my heart...
I love this shot--Carden is holding his marshmallow stick like a rifle. I wonder if Tyler taught him that stance, or if it was just part of the DNA.
Me and my 20-something twin. With my sunglasses on, you can't see my wrinkles! If only it were that simple....
Abby--the "posing" queen.
Marianne took this unstaged shot--how cute is this trio?
An impromptu "rock splashing" battle was waged between the Uncles and the kids---here we see Tyler about to drench Victoria.
Abby and Seth foraged for rocks while Victoria and Carden deployed them in the vain attempt to trounce the uncles...
Unfortunately, the only "trouncing" was done by the men on the other side of the river.
*Please note the rock in mid-air about to ANNIHILATE Carden.
*Please note the rock in mid-air about to ANNIHILATE Carden.
It took a few hours, but Carden and Aaron are now back on speaking terms.
All in all a successful day! So fun to enjoy the mountains of Utah and my brother and sister.
Invite David and I next time, Caroline - we'd love to come splash around in the water with your kids!
ReplyDeleteLove it, love it! You got great shots, and I love the color treatments. Thanks for wonderful visuals and commentary of a fun afternoon.
ReplyDelete