Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Better Luck Next Time.

Today was an eventful day in the Brock household. A few "situations" at school arose...but NEVER FEAR! Daddy came to the rescue!


Incident #1

Holly came home in tears today with a note from the teacher which I had to sign. Apparently, a boy accidently ate an apple seed during lunch, and Holly calmly told him that he was going to grow an apple tree in his stomach and eventually die. He got extremely upset about the prospect of dying and the teacher somehow thought Holly was trying to harass him.

When Holly explained the situation to her Dad over dinner, she said "Dad, every time I eat watermelon you tell me not to eat a seed or else I will grow a watermelon in my stomach. I was just letting that boy know that the same thing happened with apple seeds."


--Needless to say, I will be sending an email to the teacher. Thanks Dad ;)


Incident #2

Victoria came home upset about a girl who has not been very nice on the bus. This girl wants to play with Victoria's i-touch, but is not a nice girl to begin with. Victoria tried explaining the problem to Aaron. Here was the conversation:

Victoria: I don't want her to use my i-touch. She is mean and only sits by me in order to use it. But if I don't let her use it, she says bad things to me.

Dad: Ok, just stick to your guns.

Victoria: Dad, it's against the rules to bring weapons to school. They even make us go through metal detectors sometimes.

?????????  
!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess Dad got an A for effort today.
Better luck next time.....

4 comments:

  1. I am laughing so hard my abs hurt! Thanks for keeping us updated; I love reading about these daughter-Dad conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha. I love these stories. What is Aaron teaching those girls! Its so cute that they are so trusting of everything he says to them.

    ReplyDelete