As I was making the invitation for Victoria's party, I realized that if I was going to do this much work, I might as well have a party with MY friends the following night and watch New Moon. While I'm not a HUGE fan of the twilight series, I thought it was the perfect excuse to get some of my friends together! Hence, the Big Girl's New Moon Party was Born.
Invites:
The Scene:
For the Table by the Front Door I got some branches from the side of the road and dusted them with silver spray paint. I would have used stuff from my Christmas silver supply, but I wanted to avoid going into the attic. This was an easy way to do something BIG without spending any money. I also got the framed quotes online for free and had them printed at Kinko's.
Once again, for the shelf above the TV I went foraging for branches, dusted some silver spray paint on them and added a vase with red glass stones and a candle. I lit the candle for the party and it was a cool touch above the TV....
I took my white Artichoke light above the kitchen table and replaced the normal bulb with a random red bulb Aaron bought over the holidays. It gave a really great vibe around my kitchen booth.
What's a Party without Food??
I used my red plates and goblets--just the right amount of vampire elegance!
Some of the partiers....
We had such a great time that I'm already wondering what movie to show next!

I love it! Love the blog! Wish you still lived 3 doors down so I could have shared in the evening!! You are the best and I will hopefully borrow most of your ideas!!
ReplyDeleteMiss & love you all.
Linz xxx
How fun! Cheryl and I are fans. We stood in line for HOURS to meet the girl who plays Victoria when the first movie released on DVD. Good times.
ReplyDeleteAs always you are the premier party planner! Looks like fun! miss you!
ReplyDeleteWish I could have been there! SO cute! Miss you guys...
ReplyDeleteThe house looks amazing. I really cant stnad not living by you any longer. We need to fix this.
ReplyDeleteHOLY SMOKES! You sure know how to throw a party, girl! You inspire me! Can't remember the last time I went to a party, had a party, or did anything fun like this. I'm too tired. You've inspired me!
ReplyDelete